Maintain, set-up, and operate equipment efficiently maximizing machine utilization and produce parts to required specifications per the production schedule.
Consistently produce components to the accuracy specified via developed practices and processes. Inspect output per requirements and initiate action to prevent product non-conformity. Identify quality problems and process issues assisting in the implementation of solutions. Properly scan job transactions and report work output.
- 1. Plan, setup, adjust, and operate a variety of CNC machine tools.
- 2. Perform complex series of progressive machining operations on a diversified line of work to exacting tolerances and finish specifications.
- 3. Understand feeds, speeds, tooling and operational sequences.
- 4. Review part process and program off-line for potential problems before they occur.
- 5. Read and understand multi-view drawings and blueprints.
- 6. Perform needed metrology inspections and report issues.
- 7. Set-up and monitor multiple machines
- 8. Fully understand fit and function of components to ensure proper function of assemblies.
- 9. Work with minimum supervision in regard to technical assistance.
- 10. Use exceptional problem solving skills and offer potential solutions when faced with adversity.
- 11. Responsible, as part of the production team, for meeting performance goals for scrap, rework, labor efficiency and downtime.
- 12. Maintain the reputation of the Freeman Company through all business dealings with customers and suppliers.
- 13. Perform any and all other duties as assigned that are in the best interest of the Freeman Company.
- 1. Expert in machining processes in a CNC environment.
- 2. Expert in blueprint reading and GD & T.
- 3. Possess a thorough understanding of a CAD/CAM working environment.
- 4. Proficient in reading CNC G-code Language.
- 5. Highly motivated and a self-starter.
- 6. Posses a positive team oriented attitude.
- 7. Ability to multi-task without losing efficiency or accuracy.
- 8. Well versed in the capabilities of each of the machine tools in the facility.
- 9. Exceptional demonstration of our mission statement; Continuous Improvement, total quality, customer focus, individual worth, market leadership, rapid response, efficiency and growth.
- 10. Ability to successfully work on a regular basis with other cross-functional team members i.e. engineering, programming, scheduling, purchasing and sales.
- 11. Ability to accept new responsibilities in a changing work environment.
- 12. Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- 13. Strong organization, prioritizing, documentation, and follow-up skills.
- High School Diploma
- Two-year degree in technical field or Journeyman’s card as a machinist, tool maker, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a CNC machining environment
In-house training on equipment, machining capabilities, Freeman's production methods, and job reporting
GD&T and Inspection Training as required
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.