Freeman is the premier provider of the most productive, turnkey thermoform tooling packages available with an emphasis on the high volume food-service and packaging industries. Our tooling and machines are proudly built in the United States with installations in 65 countries worldwide. We design, build, and test our own tooling and deliver continuous improvement with each new tool we build.
We are looking for a CNC Programmer to ensure the quality of all CNC programs in terms of efficient error-free operation on the shop floor. You will be responsible for creating 2d and 3d numerically controlled (NC) tool paths for all CNC equipment.
- Efficiently Programming CNC equipment.
- Verify all tool paths to ensure error free programs.
- Meeting or improving upon estimated times and schedules.
- Responsible for following Freeman Programming Standards.
- Continually enhance knowledge and ability levels along with developing improved means and methods to complete tasks.
- Support shop floor relative to programs and cnc equipment.
- Proofread all supplied documents for pertinent data to ensure all of the necessary information is present for down line processes prior to release for manufacture.
- Knowledgeable in the capabilities of each of the machine tools in the facility.
- Well versed in the machining properties of various materials used in our products.
- Provide constructive feedback to processing and engineering personnel.
- Participate in the development and improvement of standards providing consistent programs to the manufacturing floor.
- Responsible, as part of the production team, for meeting performance goals for scrap, rework, labor efficiency and downtime.
- Capable of developing geometry, surfaces and models for use in the CNC programs.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED; prefer an associates degree in mechanical engineering or computer science
- A minimum of 2-3 years industry experience
- Working knowledge of CNC programming and machining practices
- Ability/availability to work an off-shift schedule if required
- Experience with computers and CAD/CAM skills
- Experience in machining processes in a CNC environment
- Experience in blueprint reading and GD and T
- Detail oriented, self-starter, and has the ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Creative problem solving skills
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.