Brown Machine has a Drilling Machinist role open in Beaverton, MI. The Drilling Machinist will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on Bridgeport type mills. They will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications and tolerances.
- Read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Assure that material to be machined is correct for the job.
- Select and use appropriate tooling.
- Program and/or operate machine at proper speeds and feeds for material being machined.
- Perform daily/weekly preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Accept temporary or permanent assignment to a machine or machine group as per company policy.
- Follow all applicable safety procedures and policies as outlined in the Brown Machine Hourly Handbook.
- Maintain good housekeeping in work area.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with Bridgeport mill machinery.
- Ability to follow/read mechanical drawings.
- Experience with correctly positioning hole locations for drilling and tapping.
- Basic math skills to include Trigonometry, etc.
- Basic tool requirement.
- Machining background preferred.
- Ability to work with minimum tolerances of .001”.
- Minor milling experience.
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.