Nalle Automation is looking for a Machinist to work in our Knoxville, TN location. Our Machinists set-up, operate and maintain lathe and milling machines. They review drawings, instructions, blueprints or samples to ensure accurate production and are responsible for precise measurements for cutting or shaping and completing parts. They monitor production and identify quality problems and recommend solutions.
- Read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Assure that material to be machined is correct for the job.
- Assure parts produced are correct, according to blueprints
- Select and use appropriate tooling.
- Program and/or operate machine at proper speeds and feeds for material being machined.
- Assist in training personnel when appropriate including machine, job, fixture, and part specific issues as they arise on a day-to-day basis.
- Follow all applicable safety procedures and policies as outlined in the Brown Machine Hourly Handbook.
- Maintain good housekeeping in work area.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED.
- A minimum one-year experience working with parts set-up and machine tools.
- Experience reading drawings, instructions, blueprints or samples.
- Able to work overtime periodically.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations:
- • Lift, push, and pull up to 55 lbs.
- • Frequent bending, reaching, and lifting
- • Stand >50% of the time
- • Walk for extended periods of time
- • May work in standing positions for prolonged periods of time, perform sustained manual activities at low to moderate levels of exertion.
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.