Set-up, machine, and make a quality part.
Irrespective of other responsibilities, have the freedom and authority to initiate action to prevent product non-conformity, identify and record quality problems, recommend solutions, verify implementation, and control further process until the deficiency has been corrected.
- 1. Read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- 2. Assure that material to be machined is correct for the job.
- 3. Select and use appropriate tooling.
- 4. Program and/or operate machine at proper speeds and feeds for material being machined.
- 5. Accept temporary or permanent assignment to a machine or machine group as per company policy.
- 6. Assist in training personnel when appropriate including machine, job, fixture, and part specific issues as they arise on a day to day basis.
- 7. Follow all applicable safety procedures and policies as outlined in the Brown Machine Group Handbook.
- 8. Maintain good housekeeping in work area.
- 1. Four years experience as a machinist preferred.
- 2. Basic math skills to include Trigonometry, etc.
- 3. Ability to perform assigned tasks with some minimal instruction.
- 4. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 5. Basic tool requirement.
- 6. Ability to work with minimum tolerances of .0005”.
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.