Brown LLC is looking for a Machinist to work in our Beaverton, MI location. Our Machinists set-up, operate and maintain lathe and milling machines. They review drawings, instructions, blueprints or samples to ensure accurate production and are responsible for precise measurements for cutting or shaping and completing sub-assemblies. They monitor production and identify quality problems and recommend solutions.
- Read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Assure that material to be machined is correct for the job.
- Select and use appropriate tooling.
- Program and/or operate machine at proper speeds and feeds for material being machined.
- Accept temporary or permanent assignment to a machine or machine group as per company policy.
- Assist in training personnel when appropriate including machine, job, fixture, and part specific issues as they arise on a day to day basis.
- Follow all applicable safety procedures and policies as outlined in the Brown Machine Group Handbook.
- Maintain good housekeeping in work area.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED.
- A minimum one-year experience working with parts set-up and machine tools.
- Able to work an off-shift schedule.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with some minimal instruction.
- Ability to work with minimum tolerances of .0005”.
- Basic tool requirement (Tape measure, Assortment of wrenches, Socket set, Allen wrenches, Rubber mallet or dead blow hammer, Small set of side cutters or zip tie cutters, Small hammer).
- Basic math skills to include Trigonometry, etc.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations: Lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.; Frequent bending, reaching, and lifting; Stand 50% of the time; Walk for extended periods of time; May work in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time, perform sustained manual activities at low to moderate levels of exertion.
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.