Freeman is the premier provider of the most productive, turnkey thermoform tooling packages available with an emphasis on the high volume food-service and packaging industries. Our tooling and machines are proudly built in the United States with installations in 65 countries worldwide. We design, build, and test our own tooling and deliver continuous improvement with each new tool we build.
We are looking for a Maintenance Lead that will be responsible for the overall preventative and repair maintenance of the Freeman facility, mechanical, and manufacturing equipment. This includes planning, coordinating with outside resources, carrying out, and insuring the completion of all required work.
In addition, the Maintenance Lead will be in charge of quality system responsibility: establish, maintain, and continually improve upon a preventative maintenance system for the facility and equipment that ensures maximum levels safety, uptime, performance, and accuracies are achieved. This individual will report to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Develop and maintain a PM schedule for all equipment and facility mechanicals
- Coordinate with scheduling and manufacturing to ensure maintenance schedule is followed
- Perform routine scheduled maintenance on equipment
- Ensure all equipment is in a safe working order including: guarding securely in place, all safety mechanisms are fully functional, no safeties defeated in any manner, and lock and tag out equipment with any type of safety issue or issue rendering it unfit for use
- Report maintenance related plans and issues in a timely manner to manager and scheduler
- Investigate breakdowns of equipment determining plan of action to facilitate repair and get equipment back on-line fully capable to perform at as purchased capabilities
- Contact and work with OEM’s and/or qualified service providers to trouble shoot equipment issues
- Requisition the purchase of parts and services as required maintaining and/or repairing equipment at as purchased capabilities
- Carry out repairs independently or with the assistance of outside service providers one equipment as required facilitate qualified timely repairs to equipment
- Create documentation as needed to guide operators in any steps they should be taking to ensure equipment is properly maintained during normal operation
- Develop and maintain a documented set of lock-out tag-out procedures for all manufacturing equipment
- Assist in the moving and set-up of new or existing equipment as required
- Participate in the training of current and new people on the maintenance of new equipment as it comes on-line
- A minimum of a High School education or GED or 2 years degree in a Mechanical discipline. Freeman Company will consider those with 4 or more years of relevant military experience in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of maintenance and electrical trouble shooting experience.
- Ability work as needed to handle preventative maintenance and breakdowns and to have a good working relationship with service providers on repair or installation of equipment.
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.