Quality Control Inspector
Freeman is the premier provider of the most productive, turnkey thermoform tooling packages available with an emphasis on the high volume food-service and packaging industries. Our tooling and machines are proudly built in the United States with installations in 65 countries worldwide. We design, build, and test our own tooling and deliver continuous improvement with each new tool we build.
The Quality Control Inspector ensures the quality of parts, determine, and maintain the capabilities of inspection equipment, processes, and gauges. We are looking for individuals with experience using and programming a CMM machine as well experience with other conventional inspection instruments (micrometers, height gauges, optical comparators, calipers), and able to interpret mechanical drawings.
- Perform needed metrology inspections on internally and externally manufactured parts.
- Document, organize, and maintain all inspection department data.
- Create CMM programs and documented inspection procedures.
- Read and understand multi-view drawings and blueprints including GD&T.
- Interpret inspection data and provide insight as to issues.
- Perform quality audits on in-production parts confirming procedures are followed, tolerances are achieved, and acceptable parts are produced.
- Implement and maintain a gauge R&R program and method of gauge certification that ensures quality and continued accuracy of our inspection devices used throughout the facility.
- Provide quality assistance to second and third shifts as required.
- Further Freeman’s quality program by training others in the proper use of inspection devises and the interpretation of the data.
- Work with minimum supervision regarding technical assistance and sound decision-making.
- Use exceptional problem-solving skills and offer potential solutions when faced with adversity.
- Maintain the reputation of the Freeman Company through all business dealings with customers and suppliers.
- Perform all other duties as assigned that are in the best interest of the Freeman Company.
- A minimum of 2 years degree technical degree or 4 or more years of relevant military experience in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of quality experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to perform metrology inspections on manufactured parts
- Experience creating CMM programs for inspection equipment
- Ability to interpret multi-view drawings and blueprints including GD&T
- Able to work an off-shift schedule if required
- Goal oriented with strong desire to succeed
- Ability to successfully work on a regular basis with others
- Flexible, multi-tasking; adapts to rapid change in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Positive team-oriented attitude, self-motivated, and takes initiative
- Strong organization, prioritizing, documentation, and follow up skills
- Ability to accept new responsibilities in a changing work environment
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.