Brown Machine in Beaverton, Michigan has a Saw Operator role open. The Saw Operator will be responsible for operating a cut-off saw, overhead crane, hand truck and fork truck. They will also be responsible for cutting a variety of bars, angles, and flat stock to specified lengths.
Irrespective of other responsibilities, have the freedom and authority to initiate action to prevent product non-conformity, identify and record quality problems, recommend solutions, verify implementation, and control further process until the deficiency has been corrected.
- Select stock as required and move from storage rack to saw.
- Select feed and speed for cutting various materials square, and to tolerance of +/-.030
- Cut off proper quantities of stock, as required by blueprint.
- Clean and debur parts as required.
- Place cut off pieces on skid with proper paperwork.
- Return unused stock to proper location and keep accurate inventory of piece part.
- Change saw blades as required.
- Perform work of an equal or lower classification on a temporary basis as required and assigned.
- Maintain good housekeeping in work area.
- Follow all applicable safety procedures and policies as outlined in the BMG Handbook.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Six months related experience preferred
- Ability to read blueprints
- Basic math skills
- Have a working knowledge of: Micrometers, Scales, Tape measures, Gauges, Hot & cold rolled steel, Aluminum, Stainless steel, Brass, Bronze bars, Flats, and Angles
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.