Technical Service Representative
NAS Nalle Automation Systems has an opening for a Technical Service Representative located in Knoxville, TN. The Technical Service Rep is responsible for start-up, debug, installation, troubleshoot, repair and conduct training on all equipment in the customer’s plant and at manufacturing facilities as required.
NAS builds custom automation solutions for the product handling and packaging market. At NAS your contributions will be recognized and rewarded with a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
- Accomplishes or assists in the installation and start-up of equipment at customer plants as assigned.
- Performs preventative maintenance on machines at customer plants as assigned.
- Performs training on machines at customer plants as assigned.
- Repairs or adjusts machines at customer plant as assigned. Checks repair work or adjustments by observing machines in operation. Ascertains that repaired or adjusted equipment is operating in accordance with customer requirements before leaving the customer’s plant.
- Assists other employees in activities at customer plants as required in conjunction with service calls.
- Suggests modifications or changes in existing equipment on the basis of observations made in the course of performing service work.
- Reviews all spare parts on hand at customer plants and advises customer what spare parts are needed to bring the parts inventory up to prescribed levels.
- May perform repair, adjustment, and/or assembly work on experimental machines located at manufacturing facility as assigned.
- Prepares service and expense reports and field change service notices for all service calls made.
- Informs Engineering and sales of any known issues or opportunities discovered while on site.
- Publicizes and promotes the sale of Brown Machine Group products whenever the opportunity for such activity occurs.
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree, 2 year trade school certification, or 3 years’ experience in industrial controls.
- Robotics programming experience
- Experience in installation and programming of programmable logic controller (PLC) and Servo Systems.
- Willingness to travel frequently, at least 50% of the time.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and passport.
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.