Tooling Engineer – Paper
As the Tooling Engineer - Paper, you will design, detail, and prepare bills of material for the tooling required in paper forming machinery.
Irrespective of other responsibilities, have the freedom and authority to initiate action to prevent product non-conformity, identify and record quality problems, recommend solutions, verify implementation, and control further process until the deficiency has been corrected.
- • Read and interpret work orders and specifications.
- • Prepare bills of material and other paperwork per BMG standards.
- • Provide assistance to Marketing and Manufacturing departments as specified by supervisor.
- • Attend and participate in design reviews for evaluation of work order requirements to design and cost implications.
- • Make necessary concept and layout drawings to ensure design meets accepted engineering standards and project requirements.
- • Make appropriate calculations, research performance standards and investigate material and component selection and types of construction to ensure design specifications are met.
- • Provide input into job estimates as required.
- • Focus on improving the quality control of tooling design by proactively identifying potential problems and efficiently troubleshooting them.
- • Change drawings in accordance with ECO procedure.
- • Check drawings and bills of materials as relates to assigned projects.
- • Represent design team in customer and final design reviews as required.
- • Ensure design considerations, concepts and calculations are documented and filed.
- • Decipher analyzed data and apply findings into project recommendations and revise plans/drawing/materials.
- • Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply mechanical principles for the design of tooling for paper forming machinery.
- • Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of mechanical systems to ensure installations and operations conform to specified standards.
- • Develop detailed tooling concepts and standards.
- • Perform other related duties as may be required.
- • Maintain good housekeeping in work area.
- • Follow all applicable safety procedures and policies as outlined by BMG.
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- • Detailed knowledge of paper tooling for paper forming machinery
- • Working knowledge of trigonometry and geometry
- • Working Knowledge various materials.
- • Working knowledge of drafting and design practices and CAD programs such as Unigraphics, SolidWorks, and/or Solid Edge
- • Basic supervision and project management skills.
- • Positive team-oriented attitude
- • Ability to plan, schedule, and problem solve effectively.
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.