Design tooling from conception within customer specifications that will produce product that meets customer requirements at required rates.
Accurately interpret project requirements; produce and support designs to acceptable quality/manufacturing standards.
- 1. Responsible for the functionality of the tooling design from insuring it meets all criteria in the sales order, is manufacturable, and is capable of meeting customer requirements.
- 2. Must thoughly review the sales order and customer supplied documentation to insure a clear understanding of the project exists.
- 3. Maintain open issues log for the project and be the driving force to insure open issues are resolved.
- 4. Have a clear understanding of the scope of the project and initiate management involvement when changes of scope occur whether due to customer changes or project constraints.
- 5. Develop rapport with the customer contact insuring an open line of communication is maintained and that the customer is aware of the design direction.
- 6. Keep management informed of the project status when dealing with design concerns, customer requests, lack of information, or schedule problems.
- 7. Schedule design kick-off meetings and design review/release meetings through dept. manager.
- 8. Achieve allocated design times and meet scheduled completion dates.
- 9. Maintain the integrity of the Freeman company reputation through all business dealings with customers and suppliers.
- 10. Be innovative in overcoming design challenges.
- 11. Other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- 1. Demonstration of our mission statement goals of continuous improvement, total quality, customer focus, individual worth, market leadership, rapid response, efficiency and growth.
- 2. Mechanically inclined with a basic understanding of physics and geometry principles.
- 3. Excellent written and oral communication skills on a technical level.
- 4. Effective professional interaction at a technical level with customers.
- 5. Creative detail oriented perfectionist.
- 6. Good problem solving skills
- 7. Positive team-oriented attitude.
- 8. Ability to adapt to rapid change in a fast paced environment.
- 9. Good organization, prioritizing, documentation, and follow-up skills.
- 10. Good computer and CAD skills.
- 11. Self managed, willing, and able to make decisions in the company’s best interest.
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
Two weeks supervised orientation
On-going Mentoring by Lead Designer
Solid Edge and other CAD Package Training
Customer Facility visits as possible
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.